The Calm and Cozy Book of Sleep is a down-to-earth guide with expert tips to get you to sleep and stay asleep.
In The Calm and Cozy Book of Sleep, sleep coach Beth Wyatt helps you get the sleep you need for a healthy life. Through her personal sleep struggles and her experiences as a sleep coach, Beth discusses a multitude of fascinating sleep topics, from sleep basics to waking up in the morning and beyond, including:
- Peaceful evening self-care rituals
- Optimising your living space for healthy sleep
- Eating and drinking before bedtime
- Changing your relationship with your bed
- How to control the racing thoughts that keep you from falling asleep
- Sleeping positions
- Sleep aids
- Sleeping with pets
- The stages of sleep and how they relate to your body
- How to fall back asleep if you wake up in the middle of the night
- Don't hit that snooze button
- How to be a morning person
- Sleeping away from home
- The night before a big event: rest and anxiety
- Prioritising sleep during grief and illness
- Couples who sleep in separate beds
- What beauty rest really means
Approaching sleep in a fresh, relatable, and non-clinical way, The Calm and Cozy Book of Sleep shares tried-and-true tips to help you fall asleep (and stay asleep)-effortlessly and naturally-and convinces you to learn to love sleep. The Live Well series from Rock Point invites you to create a life you love through multiple acts of self-discovery and reinvention. These encouraging gift books touch on fun yet hardworking self-improvement strategies, whether it's learning to value progress over perfection, taking time to meditate and slow down to literally smell the roses, or finding time to show gratitude and develop a personal mantra. From learning how to obtain more restful sleep and creating a healthy work/life balance to developing personal style and your own happy place, the Live Well series encourages you to live your best life.
About the Author
Beth Wyatt is an Insomnia, Rest, and Self-Care Coach, who is certified in Sleep Sciences and Life Coaching. Her mission is to help women appreciate sleep as the ultimate act of self-care and to achieve a peaceful nights sleep naturally and effortlessly. Beth is a "micro-influencer" in the sleep industry. Since 2017, when she started her business, she has partnered with successful brands, received products and sponsorships from companies, and has built an engaged social-media following. She lives in Ontario, Canada.